The 2016 Black Alumni Reunion will be held the weekend of October 14 to 16, 2016 at the Penn State Hotel and Conference Center in University Park, PA. The weekend theme is “It’s going to be E.P.I.C” This theme is an acronym for Engagement, Pride, Involvement, and Communication. This weekend will be a perfect time for alumni to get together with classmates and relive memories. Events during the weekend include campus tours, a Legends Dinner, an 80’s themed dance party, an alumni association membership reception, a masquerade ball, a farewell brunch.
The mission of the Black Alumni Reunion is to inspire and challenge Black Alumni of Penn State to maximize our resources to benefit current and future students as we support one another. By acknowledging our past shared experiences at Penn State, we join together to claim our legacy and as a force to assist the next generation of students. By developing a strategic partnership with the Penn State Alumni Association, we aim to do our part by preparing our alumni to enter in and succeed in life beyond Penn State. Through networking, financial support and mentorship, we will do our part to assist future graduates to become academic, business and community leaders for the 21st Century.
- Re-connect and energize relationships with fellow classmates and friends by spending time on and around campus
- Increase our contributions to the African American Alumni Trustee Scholarship Fund by $100,000 by fiscal end 2018 for continued disbursement in Jan. 2019
- Increase African American Alumni membership into the Penn State Alumni Association by 300
- Establish mentoring relationships with current Penn State students to nurture and help them secure their respective careers and realize their future goals.
- Foster avenues for joint activities with African American Alumni Organization Alumni chapters